The WCNI TTT event has been cancelled however it will be held as a club event.
THE INFORMATION BELOW HAS CHANGED . PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY
Rongotea , Saturday 2nd August 2014
Open Men: 40 km
Open Women: 25 km
Under 19 men :25km
Under 17s: 16 km
Under 15s 16km
First Teams Starting: 11.00 am sharp
All teams are to have a minimum of 4 riders who are to be members of the club.
The team time will be determined by the third rider to cross the finish line.
Order of Start:
adults $5 per person
School Children $2 per person
Confirmed teams are as follows
|Under 15 Boys||16km||Dineth Rajapaske||Adam Martin||Harrison Kinghorn|
|Under 15 Girls||16km||Kelly Levin||Samara Fenn||Peita Ransom||Anna Robson|
|Under 15 Boys 2||16km||Fergus Washington-Smith||Max Taylor||Thomas Stannard|
|under 17 boys||16km||Mitchell Kinghorn||Andrew Bamford|
|under 17 boys||16km||Campbell Stewart||Robert Stannard||Carne Groube||Chris Denholm|
|under 17 boys||16km||Andrew McKenzie||David Martin||Fergus Allan||Jacob Seivwright|
|Under 19 men||25km||Hayden Washington-Smith||Alex West||Nate Levin||Josh Kendall|
|Open Men||40km||Steve Stannard||Chris Sanson||Neville Weir|
|Open men 2||40km||Toshi Yamauchi||Barry Gilliland||Marcel Hollenstein||Winston Briggs|
|Open men 3||40km||Mike Craine||Chris Pinkney||Tom Pirie||Ben Holleron|
Waiver must be signed on uplifting your number
INFORMATION / RACE RULES
The TTT will be held at RONGOTEA which is approximately 20km West of Palmerston North. The easiest way to get to RONGOTEA from Palmerston North is to proceed up SH3 towards Whanganui, turn left at Awahuri (Greens Rd). Turn right at T Junction (Kopane School) into RONGOTEA Rd.
The course is an out and back format. Open Men’s has two turns whilst the Open Women’s and U15’s and U17’s have only one.
- Teams are to consist of four riders and time will be taken on the third rider to cross the finish line.
- Club colours must be worn.
- Bike NZ Road & Track racing rules will apply
- Three Minute intervals between teams.
- If being overtaken by another team, the team being overtaken must pull to the left of the road and allow the other team to pass.
- Normal overtaking rules apply (2m lateral clearance and 25m between teams on the road).
- No drafting is allowed between teams.
- Teams being overtaken within 100m of any turn around point are to allow the overtaking team right of way during the turn.
- If you puncture you are required to join the team again from the rear only. This cannot be interpreted any other way than that you must chase down your team to rejoin it. You are not permitted to wait until they return past your location to rejoin them. Any rider who re-joins their team by any other method t
Current standing Records for Teams Time Trial on the Rongotea course:
Under 17 Boys 16ks Palmerston Nth Marist 23 minutes 54 seconds 2007
Under 17 Girls 16ks Levin 29 minutes 04 seconds 2006