With the WCNI Track events well underway for the season and the WCNI Championships just a week away here is a ‘friendly reminder’ about the protocols/rules for WCNI events.
Rules will be following under CyclingNZ and UCI regulations.
- All riders must race on their current years race licence
- Riders must wear their approved club jerseys/skinsuits in all WCNI events. Shorts must also be club approved, or a plain colour with little signage. With the exception that short/skinsuit may carry sponsorship that is detailed on their CyclingNZ licence.
- No Trade Team jerseys are permitted.
- All riders shall, in accordance with their placing, participate in medal ceremonies.
- No sunglasses, caps etc. are to be worn on the podium
- Riders must wear kit as outlined above in ‘Race Apparel’.
- Cycling shoes or training shoes must be worn (no jandals)
- Medal winners are required to keep their medal around their neck until they have left the podium area
- Podium riders should shake hands and/or acknowledge other riders on the podium
It is important to get this right as not following these protocols can result in consequences (especially at national championships).