Bike Manawatu is expecting an influx of rider’s new to track cycling this season.
Key factors that will encourage our new member’s each week are:
- A friendly welcoming environment
- Support and encouragement; and
- Having fun
To help achieve that, we are looking for some “Mentors/Buddies”.
Can you help?
If you are a current rider, young (under 17 & 19) through to old, past or present and associated with the track in anyway, we would very much like to hear from you. .
What’s involved in being a Buddy Mentor?
· Attend club racing events between October and December:
· Making the new member feel welcome.
· Answer questions or refer to them to an appropriate person, such as coach, official, someone with mechanical knowledge etc.
· Observe races, giving positive and supportive feedback.
Being a Buddy/Mentor can be very rewarding and if you also compete the commitment is not intended to impact on your own racing.
For Bike Manawatu member’s who are starting track cycling for the first time this season, you may like to have a Mentor/Buddy.
If you have any interest or questions, please contact Megan email: firstname.lastname@example.org..nz or ph: 06 3585999.