Manawatu Schools Cycling Event
Colyton Hiwinui Road Race
Registration 8.15am – Please meet at the Colyton School – 421 Colyton Road
Race briefing 8.40am – all riders must attend
Race briefing for Junior A/B 8:40AM
Race Briefing for Seniors 9:10AM
Start Time / First Grade off at 9:00am
***Please Pre Register, Its much easier to delete or DNS you from our start list if something comes up and you cant make it than to add you in while everyone is trying to register – If you are unable to make it please let your schools coordinator or cycling coach know – alternatively please post on the Manawatu Schools Cycling Facebook group****
Entry Fee: All MSC riders race registration fees are part of your term registration fee which is collected from your school at the time of registration.
If the race is combined allowing club riders to race too the adults will pay per race $5 for Bike Manawatu members $10 non members
The Colyton / Hiwinui circuit (anti-clockwise) is a 18.37 km loop.
junior a 1 lap- 18.37 km – Starting 9:00AM
Junior b 1 lap- 18.37km – Starting – 9:02AM
A Grade – 3 Laps – 55.11 km – Starting 9:15AM
B Grade – 3 Laps – 55.11 km – Starting 9:15AM
C Grade – 2 Laps – 36.74 km – Starting 9:20AM
(All Course notes are below)
*Distances are subject to be changed at the race directors discretion
- All parking is to be well off the road – please respect the Linton residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge, or across driveways
- A toilet MAY be available at Colyton School if arranged prior
- Please take care at the cross roads while crossing to registration
- Registration will be located outside Colyton School **More info to come**
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder* and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note Time Trials will more than likely be manual timed, therefore transponders will not be required)
- *It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- If you have been issued a MSC race number please remember to bring this to all events.
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing IF covid levels require us to do so
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters if covid levels require us to do so
- The course is 18.37km course
- The race is neutral from the start line till you are safely over the railway tracks. Race will start from the Akers Road / Linton Station Road Junction.
- The finish line is approx located outside Colyton School (Near the Bike Manawatu Timing Van OR in the instance the timing van is not being used this will be identified by the with cones / flags)
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on quite narrow roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- We RECOMMEND the use of a rear light at all times.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- It is your responsibility to be at the start line on time.
Course Notes Below
Starting and Finishing outside Colyton School – 421 Colyton Road
0.13 km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
1.89km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
4.45km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
9.54km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
11.36km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
16.83km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
18.37km Finish – For Laps Continue on
18.46km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
20.27km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
22.83km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
27.9 km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
29.8km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
35.2km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
36.8 km Finish – For Laps Continue on
36.9km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
38.7km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
41.2km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
46.3 km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
48.2 km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
53.6 km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
55.2 km Finish – For Laps Continue on
55.3km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
57.1km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
59.6 km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
64.7 km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
66.5 km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
72 km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
73.5 km Finish