Manawatu Schools Cycling Event
Registration 8.15am – Please meet at the Triangle outside the Ashhurst Library
Race briefing 8.40am – all riders must attend
Start Time / First Grade off at 9:00am
First Team off 9:00AM
- All parking is to be well off the road, – please respect the Ashhurst residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge, or across driveways
- There is a public toilet located at 11 Guildford Street, Ashhurst 4810 or at the Ashhurst Domain
- Please take care at the cross roads while crossing to registration
- Registration will be located near the Ashhurst Library
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder* and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note Time Trials will more than likely be manual timed, therefore transponders will not be required)
- *It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- If you have been issued a MSC race number please remember to bring this to all events.
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing IF covid levels require us to do so
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters if covid levels require us to do so
- The course is approx 13.6km loop
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- We RECOMMEND the use of a rear light
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
Course Notes Below
0.00 Starting and finishing on Bamford Street in the Triangle by the Ashhurst Library
0.03 Turn left onto Cambridge Ave
1.08 Cambridge Ave turns into Pohangina Road
3.06km Turn left onto Ulysses Road
4.77 One lane bridge located on Ulysses Road
5.26 Ulysses Road turns into Gravel
6.54km Gravel Ends – Turn left onto Watershed Road
8.44km Turn left onto Colyton Road
12.56km Colyton Road turns into Oxford Street
13.56km Turn left onto Bamford Street
13.6km On Bamford Street – Close loop