INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
The overarching policy is that all Government and MOH regulations apply. We are able to run this event on the basis that social distancing is achievable if the systems set out below are followed. If they are not, we will be forced to reconsider running future events. Everybody needs to take responsibility and consider their actions.
First Rider off at 6.15 pm (Start)
All riders MUST Pre Register Here before 9.30 am the day of the race – no late entries will be allowed.
We ask all volunteers & specators to please fill in this form to allow for contact tracing plus this helps us with race day volunteers.
Click Here to pre register for Wednesday 7th October 2020 Volunteers please Click Here
Click Here to pre register for Wednesday 14th October 2020Volunteers please Click Here
Click Here to pre register for Wednesday 21st October 2020Volunteers please Click Here
Click Here to pre register for Wednesday 28th October 2020Volunteers please Click Here
Note: we have added a date of birth question to our registrations which will be helpful calculating any ITT records
We aim to have a start list by 3pm the day of the event.
Please meet at the Horizons Yard – 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road
Registration 5.30pm – 5.50pm at HQ – (within the Horizons Yard)
Race briefing 6.00 pm – all riders must attend
First Rider off at 6.15pm (slowest to fastest)
- All parking is to be well off the road, Parking will be available within the Horizons Yard 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road – please respect the Kairanga residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- A toilet will be available within the Horizons Yard
START LIST & NUMBERS
- If you are reading this you will have seen the start list which provides your start time and your rider number. As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. We are redistributing new fabric numbers to all members. Please look after it and bring it to all events.
- Non members will be allocated a reinforced paper number. Again please keep this and bring it along to other BM events that you attend
- Please take care at the cross roads while crossing to registration
- Registration will be located in the Horizons Yard – 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before registering
- Payment should be made online prior to the event $5 members, $10 none members.
- If you have a loyalty card these will be at registration for you to click.
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing.
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters.
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
- It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
START/ FINISH & SPECTATORS
- There will be a start clock at the start line.
- There will be a holder
- Riders will start at 30 second intervals.
- We ask all volunteers & spectators to please fill in this form to allow for contact tracing plus this helps us with race day volunteers. – Click Here
- The course is 6km out and back
- The turn will be marked by a cone in the road.
- The finish line is approx 100m before the start line
- This is an individual time trial. Please do not draft. Overtaking riders please ensure slower rider know you are coming. Please give each other plenty of room while staying left at all times
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
Course Specific Notes:
- Obey the priority on the 1 way bridge and be prepared to give way to oncoming traffic
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- The days are shortening so we RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
Course Notes Below
0.00 Starting outside the Horizons Yard on 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road
3.6 km Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road turns into Lockwood Road *There is also a one way bridge here – Cyclists to Give Way and follow road rules at all times*
6.00 km Turn Around Cone (marshal present) just after 892 Lockwood Road
8.5 km Lockwood Road turns into Kairanga Bunnythorpe road *There is also a one way bridge here – Cyclists to follow road rules at all times*
12km Finish on Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road at the Finish Line / Bike Manawatu Timing Van