Kairanga ITT Info – Sunday 16th August 2020
Please find below:
- Race Briefing
- Manawatu School Cycling – Covid 19 Level 2
- Rider Start List
- Click here to view all other information on our Bike Manawatu Website
- Click here for our Contact Tracing Form
Kairanga ITT – Race Briefing
16 August 2020
Todays race is an ITT of approx. 12 km.
You will be riding on Open Roads at all times and must comply with NZ Traffic Regulations, as well as UCI and Cycling New Zealand Schools Racing Rules
The course will be marshalled, but the ultimate responsibility is with you to ride safely and be aware of other traffic.
If a marshal instructs you to stop you must do so – importantly at the one lane bridge and turn around.
You must keep to the left half of the road at all times.
Do not drop any litter on the circuit, including gels or bottles.
This is an Individual Time Trial. If you are passed by another rider you must not draft that rider. It is the rider that has been passed to drop back from the other rider.
It is your responsibility to be at the start line on time.
Please adhere to all COVID 19 – LEVEL 2 protocols.
Manawatu School Cycling – Covid 19 Level 2
Due to the latest COVID-19 Government announcement and our upgrade into Alert Level 2 from midday Wednesday 12th August 2020 we will be implementing the following for this weekend’s ITT at Kairanga:
- All competitors must be pre-registered and this will provide tracing of them.
- All spectators and marshalls should complete the tracing form on-line. This is a shared document with Bike Manawatu as they will be hosting their event after ours. https://forms.gle/gPpzJ7NZTV91wjLr6
- All High School Riders will be located at Kairanga school pre and post-race
- All Year 7 and 8 riders will be located at Horizons yard pre and post-race
- All spectators will be located as per their children’s location.
- Where they have one child located in each area they must stay in one location.
- High school rider’s spectators will stay on the start line side of the road
- Year 7/8 Spectators on the finish line side.
You must Maintain Social Distancing
- All riders must pre-register
- A start draw will be posted on Saturday
- Riders will be starting 30 seconds apart
- No more than 10 riders in the line ready to go at any one time
- It is the rider’s responsibility to get to the start line on time
- It will NOT be a held start
- We will start Seniors first finishing with year 7/8 riders
- After the race the riders are to return to their areas and not “hang around”.
Rider Start List
Please see the attached Start List and times for tomorrow.
Please remember Y7/8 riders in Horizons and High School riders located at Kairanga School. Could I please ask the Bike Manawatu riders to also locate at the Kairanga School for warm up etc.
Please parents and riders of Y7/8, while on Horizons property please have younger children refraining from climbing on anything in the yard and stay within the coned off area.
As there is no further registration in the morning remember due to Covid 19 restrictions it is advised not to arrive too early risking social distancing etc.
Please dont forget your numbers
A big thank you to Manawatu Schools Cycling for hosting our Bike Manawatu riders