Kairanga ITT – 17 May 2020
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
The over arching policy is that all Government and MOH regulations apply. Remember that gatherings of 10 are not permitted. We are able to run this “individual” event on the basis that social distancing is achievable if the systems set out below are followed. If they are not we will be forced to reconsider running future events. Everybody needs to take responsibility and consider their actions.
- Please stagger your arrival time. If you have a late start do not arrive at 8.30am
- Park at Kairanga School.
- The outdoor toilet block has kindly been made available to us. Please respect it and do not enter any other areas of the school grounds
- Do not congregate on arrival. Get yourself ready and move away form the parking areas as quickly as possible to either do your warm up or go to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- If you are reading this you will have seen the start list which provides your start time and your rider number. As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. We are redistributing new fabric numbers to all members. Please look after it and bring it to all events.
- Non members will be allocated a reinforced paper number. Again please keep this and bring it along to other BM events that you attend
- Please take care at the cross roads while crossing to registration
- Registration will be at an unmanned table at the start of the gravel layby in the usual start area on KB Road.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before registering
- There is no entry fee for junior/schools riders.
- If you have not paid on line please deposit your entry fee into the honesty box – correct change only and note the amount paid on the start sheet. $5 members, $10 none members.\
- If you have a loyalty card these will be at registration for you to click. Likewise please note that you have used your loyalty card on the start sheet
- Please avoid ques at the registration desk.
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters.
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number and either go straight to the start area or continue your warm up.
- Either way time your arrival in the start area to suit your start time (1- 2 mins prior) and avoid any gatherings in this area.
- If you arrive too early you will be asked to leave the start area. Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read all notices on the whiteboard including a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
START/ FINISH & SPECTATORS
- There will be a holder
- Riders will start at 1 min intervals.
- After you have finished please do not gather at the finish area or at the car park.
- If you are riding home please depart the area ASAP.
- If you are driving please pack up and depart ASAP.
- If numbers at the car park do become congested with people packing up, remember to social distance and if needs be go for a warm down and return once numbers have reduced.
- Spectators please only attend the event if required to support a rider ie to drive your child. We encourage riders to be as self reliant as possible and to ride to and from the event, but please keep group numbers small. I’d suggest 5-6 max.
- All spectators/supporters MUST complete a contract tracing form. If you have not completed this online, please complete the paper copy at registration. It can be completed on line here https://forms.gle/SbSXBy4t8CstM1kU7
- The course is 6km out and back
- The turn will be marked by a cone in the road.
- The finish line is approx 100m before the start line
- This is an individual time trial. Please do not draft. Overtaking riders please ensure slower rider know you are coming. Please give each other plenty of room while staying left at all times
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
Course Specific Notes:
- Obey the priority on the 1 way bridge and be prepared to give way to oncoming traffic
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.\
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- The days are shortening so we RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.