Registration 5.15pm – Please meet at the Horizons Yard – 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road (Horizons Yard)
Race briefing 5.45pm – all riders must attend
Start Time / First Rider off at 6pm – Manual Time, please line up slowest to fastest at the start line.
***Strictly NO Late Registrations on the day****
Entry Fee: $5 for members, $10 non members p/rider
All payments must be made online, please no payments on the day Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
Individual Time Time / 2up (teams of two riders)
Please note some of these guidelines below may differ depending on our Covid-19 Alert Levels e.g. bathrooms may not be available & start lists may be produced to allow for social distancing
Please click the link above to see the current Covid gudelines in which we will run our events under. Thank You
- All parking is to be well off the road, Parking will be available within the Horizons Yard 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road – please respect the Kairanga residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- A toilet will be available within the Horizons Yard
- Please take care at the cross roads while crossing to registration
- Registration will be located in the Horizons Yard – 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road
- Hand Sanitiser will be available in the BM timing van
- Payment should be made online prior to the event $5 members, $10 non members.
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder* and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note Time Trials will more than likely be manual timed, therefore transponders will not be required)
- *It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- If you have been issued a Bike Manawatu race number please remember to bring this to all events.
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing if covid levels require us to do so
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters if covid levels require us to do so
- The course is 6km out and back
- The turn will be marked by a cone in the road.
- The finish line is approx 100m before the start line
- Obey the priority on the 1 way bridge and be prepared to give way to oncoming traffic
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- We RECOMMEND the use of a rear light
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- This is an Individual Time Trial. If you are passed by another rider you must not draft that rider. It is the rider that has been passed to drop back from the other rider.
- It is your responsibility to be at the start line on time.Provisional Start List
Course Notes Below
0.00 Starting outside the Horizons Yard on 1117 Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road
3.52 km Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road turns into Lockwood Road *There is also a one way bridge here – Cyclists to Give Way and follow road rules at all times*
6.1km – Turn Around Cone (marshal present) just after 892 Lockwood Road
8.5km Lockwood Road turns into Kairanga Bunnythorpe road *There is also a one way bridge here – Cyclists to follow road rules at all times*
12km Finish on Kairanga Bunnythorpe Road at the Finish Line
Thank you to all of our Bike Manawatu Sponsors, Grant Funders and Volunteers – We appreciate you all
Together Everyone Achieves More