The blogs we are getting from Glenys on her intrepid journey across the vast Nullarbor Plain make for fascinating reading. It is hard to imagine the distances involved and the determination she is showing. I blame Colin Anderson! The Christie 250 also did not help. Colin has started a trend in our club and the bar keeps getting higher!
I have been mulling over the roads and pathways that cycling has taken our club members in recent times.
It makes for impressive reading. Here is a list of what I can recall.
- Glenys on her Perth to Adelaide odyssey…lady Lala
- Colin Anderson 65 times around Lake Taupo…wow and how.
- Taupo to Palmy for the Christie 250 ladies…awesome teamwork and cause.
- Luke Mudgeway to Australia with U19 road team….a great result for hard work.
- Jesse Sergent in the snow on the Italian Alps racing the Giro and then on to Akers Road with the schools cycling last Sunday…outstanding.
- Simon van Velthooven sprinting his way through Minsk, Feilding, Invercargill, Tokyo, Valencia, Paris, Berlin…where next?
- Dave Fryer and Vaughan Hunt in France for the ITU World Championships Long Course Triathalon….a tough day in the office.
- A number of our juniors and masters to Taranaki for the QB Tour….flying the flag high.
- A great turnout for Manfeild 6 hour relay….90 laps for winners.
- A big contingent to Queenstown for road nationals…..amazing results for our club.
- Steve Stannard racing from Wellington to Auckland…..tough bugger.
….and there are lots more…
This sport has it all….our members are maximizing their opportunities, there is no doubt about that.
See you at the quiz night on 5th July.
Come prepared for Aussie facts off Glenys’s blog page.