The event recognizes the impact that COVID-19 has had on the country and in this case, the events industry.
While the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and transmission in the community is constantly changing, the event acknowledges that COVID-19 is still uncontrolled overseas and as such we should not be complacent given COVID-19 can still spread quickly.
The event will adopt the ‘New Events Sector Voluntary Code’ to deliver the event following best practice expectations based on the Ministry of Health guidance.
Below outlines the key measures which will be implemented to support the code:
• Contact Tracing
– The event participants are required to pre event with their contact details. The event is able to contact.
– Parents, spectators and volunteers will be asked to sign in using our QR code at HQ
– Please ensure that you and your supporters use the contact tracing available at the event over the weekend!
– You can sign in manually through the form at the race office
– Volunteers who have filled in our volunteers form will have given contact tracing forms online also
The following message is send to staff, volunteers, contractors and participants prior to the event regarding the expectations of their behavior during the event:
• If you’re sick, stay home. Please do not turn up at the event.
• If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
• Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
• If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
• If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
• People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
• For more information, click here
In the event that a participant is displaying COIVID-19 like symptoms – Once Bike Manawatu is notified we will endeavor to:
(1) inform individual and close contacts that they are to self isolate;
(2) inform COVID hotline on 0800 358 5453 and follow directions.