The Comedy For Cure Kids Road Show is an epic ten-day cycle race from the bottom of the South Island, to the top of the North Island raising money and awareness for Red Nose Day.
The Road Show will feature teams of celebrities, television personalities and our most loved sporting heroes in a 24 hour a day relay race. A crew of support people, fellow cycling enthusiasts and Red Nose Day supporters will join them as they spread the Red Nose Day word and raise money for Cure Kids.
Jono Pryor, Ben Boyce and Guy Williams will head the teams.
The Road Show will be stopping at 9 towns across the country. The Jono and Ben at Ten crew will film segments in each town that will be broadcast in the Comedy For Cure Kids show on the 23rd of August.
In addition, when the Road Show comes to many of the towns, communities and schools involved in the Red Nose Day appeal will come together to see the celebrities off on their next stage of the journey.
At the moment, we would love to get a cyclist or 2 for the following legs…
: Start time: 1110am
– 191 Main Highway, Otaki to 31 Vogel Street, Shannon: est cycling time is 2 hours (36.2km)
: Start time: 1329pm
– 31 Vogel Street, Shannon to Palmerston North: est cycling time is 1hour 45mins (32.3km)
: Start time: 1910pm
– Palmerston North to 2556 State Highway 54, Beaconsfield: est cycling time is 2hours 15mins (34.9km)
: Start time: 2115pm
– 2556 State Highway 54, Beaconsfield to 7 Cooks Road, Hunterville: est cycling time is 2hours 15mins (25.7km)
: Start time: 2330pm
– 7 Cooks Road, Hunterville to Gorge Road, Taihape: est cycling time is 1 hour 40mins (39.2km)
: Start time: 0220am
– Gorge Road, Taihape to waiaruhe Road: est cycling time is 3 hours (36.8km)
: Start time: 0530am
– Waiaruhe Road to Rangipo Intake Road: est cycling time is 2 hours 30mins (45.5km)
: Start time: 0820am
– Rangipo Intake Road to 524 State Highway 41, Tokaanu, Waikato: est cycling time is 1hour 45mins (39.2km)
We have a crew traveling in vehicles and a pilot vehicle following the cyclists the whole way up the country, and safety is of the most importance to us. We have a lot of fun along the way, and all of our cyclists can know that they are doing it for a great cause.
Each participating Celebrity/Personality will be asked to contribute time and energy for the cause, and depending on their level of fitness and strength, will commit a number of hours to the relay race.
The race will commence in Invercargill on the 2nd of August, and finish at the Cape on the 11th of August.