Colyton Team Time Trial (Taonui) – Sunday 13th September 2020 – TBC Start
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
The overarching policy is that all Government and MOH regulations apply. We are able to run this event on the basis that social distancing is achievable if the systems set out below are followed. If they are not, we will be forced to reconsider running future events. Everybody needs to take responsibility and consider their actions.
9.00am All riders MUST Pre Register Here before EOP Friday 11/09/2020 no late entries will be allowed.
We ask all volunteers & spectators to please fill in this form to allow for contact tracing plus this helps us with race day volunteers. – Click Here
Please Pre Register HERE
Start & Meet outside Colyton Hall – 548 Taonui Road, Colyton
Registration 8.15am at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van outside Colyton Hall)
Race briefing 9:45am – all riders must attend
First Team off at 9.00am
16km Out and Back Team Time Trial
(Course notes are below)
Riders will assemble at the Colyton Hall, and then race out and back along Taonui
$5 members / $10 non-members (entry is per rider in the team – (e.g. 4 riders in a team – all Bike Manawatu members = $20) – We encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
Teams = Minimum of 4 riders, Max of 6 riders p/team
Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
This will be a TTT event with Manawatu School Cycling (MSC) and Bike Manawatu (BM). MSC will kindly host our BM riders as part of their event
We will put more information about start times in due course – please note this event will be manual timed by MSC
Bike Manawatu sincerely thanks MSC for hosting our riders
Manawatu Schools Cycling will kindly manual time this event for us – We will also have our Bike Manawatu QR code available to scan in
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
- Please be aware Manawatu Schools Cycling will be running their event on the same course starting at 9am so parking may be quite sparse
- All parking is to be well off the road – please respect the Colyton residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- Please proceed to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. We are redistributing new fabric numbers to all members.
- Non members will be given a number however if you are not planning to continue to attend Bike Manawatu club events please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Please look after your race numbers and bring it to ALL club events, we do not have spares for you if you forget it on the day.
- If you have not received your number yet we will have it ready for you at registration.
- Race Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top, readable in the prone riding position.
- Registration will be at Colyton Hall near our Timing Van. There will be a volunteer helping
- We will have hand sanitiser available at registration
- $5 members / $10 non-members – We encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
- It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Each rider will be issued with a Transponder:
- Your transponder holder should be 4 fingers under the rim (remember to take the sticky tape off the holder and don’t put the cable ties through the spokes)
- Left hand side of the fork – shiny side facing out
- Once your finished use some snips and take the length off the cable ties – we will have some at the start line for you.
- Step 1 – Remove the Backing Tape on the black holder.
Position black holder on Front LEFT fork, 4 fingers below the top of spokes
Pull cable ties TIGHT. Ensure Holder remains flush to fork
- Step 2 – Trim the cable ties with some snips
- Step 3 – Slide Transponder into holder until it clicks
Give transponder a gentle tug to ensure it is secure
To remove transponder press release button and slide it out
Black Holder secure
On front left fork
- 4 fingers below top of spokes
- Please make sure your transponder is handed back at the completion of your ride.
SPECTATORS / VOLUNTEERS
- We ask spectators/supporters to complete a voluntary contract tracing form to help with tracing during Level 1. If you have not completed this online, please complete the paper copy at registration. This form also helps our race organisers with volunteers etc __fg_link_3__
- Start & Meet outside Colyton Hall on 548 Taonui Road, Colyton
- Sign on 10.00am at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van outside Colyton Hall carpark)
- Race briefing 10.45am – all riders must attend
- First team start 11.00am
- Please remember to respect the locals living these roads.
- Please be considerate. No spitting or “snot rockets” in the bunch please
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply (riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times)
- Marshals are provided for direction and in some places to stop cyclists due to traffic
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- Please be courteous to other road users
Course Specific Notes
- Do not cross the center line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of trucks, tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- The days are shortening so we RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
- Bathrooms will be available TBC
- Visiting riders please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Thank you to everyone who entered and registered the contact tracing form for marshals and spectators.
- Please be courteous to all officials. It’s going to be busy. If someone asks you to move off the road, please do so.
- If you or one of your supporters are available to volunteer please let us know – We are always thankful to all of our volunteers who enable us to run these events
Registrations / Timing / Marshals / STMS / First Aid / Lead & SAG Drivers __fg_link_4__
0.00 km Starting outside the Colyton Hall 548 Taonui Road, Colyton
2.3km turn right onto Valley Road (cyclists to give way to vehicles)
7.78km on Valley Road – Turn Around cone – Cyclists to turn ONLY when road is clear! – Head back to start / finish area
13.27km turn Left onto Taonui Road to head back to Colyton Hall (cyclists to give way to vehicles)
15.55km Finish back at Colyton Hall
Turn Around Point on Valley Road
Manawatu School Cycling – Covid 19 Level 2
Due to the latest COVID-19 Government announcement and our event operating under Alert Level 2 protocols we will be implementing the following for this weekend’s Team Time Trial at Colyton:
- All competitors must be pre-registered and this will provide tracing of them.
- All spectators and marshals should complete the tracing form on-line. https://forms.gle/gGqqHUG7N3EALdiw9
- All High School Riders will be located at Colyton Hall pre and post-race
- All Bike Manawatu riders will be located at Colyton Hall pre and post-race
- All Year 7 and 8 riders will be located at Colyton School pre and post-race
- All spectators will be located as per their children’s location.
- Where they have one child located in each area they must stay in one location.
- All spectators need to maintain social distancing and we ask that parents/spectators from Year 7/8 and High School students remain separated.
- When Year 7/8 Spectators proceed to the finish, please cross the road and stay on the start line side of the road.
- All High School and BM spectators are to stay on the Colyton Hall side of the road.
You must Maintain Social Distancing
- All riders must pre-register
- Year 7/8 to meet Colyton School
High School and BM Teams to meet Colyton Hall
Start Times and Distances will be on the Manawatu Schools Cycling Facebook Page
- After the race the riders are to return to their areas and not “hang around”.
Colyton Team Time Trial – Race Briefing
13 September 2020
Todays race is a TTT of approx. 16 km.
You will be riding on Open Roads at all times and must comply with NZ Traffic Regulations, as well as UCI and Cycling New Zealand Schools Racing Rules
The course will be marshalled, but the ultimate responsibility is with you to ride safely and be aware of other traffic.
If a marshal instructs you to stop you must do so.
You must keep to the left half of the road at all times.
Do not drop any litter on the circuit, including gels or bottles.
This is a Team Time Trial. If you are passed by another Team you must not draft them. It is the team that has been passed to drop back from the other team.
It is your responsibility to be at the start line on time.
Please adhere to all COVID 19 – LEVEL 2 protocols.
ANY TEAM INFRINGING ON THESE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND NO TIME WILL BE RECORDED