ALL CLUB MEMBERS CAN PARTAKE
Bike Manawatu Masters Age cyclists, female and male, are encouraged to enter 2015’s 4 event programme over March and April 2015 with the results of club members 35 years of age and over counting towards the Masters Grade and Overall Masters Champions. No upper age limit applies and no racing experience or racing licence necessary.
Younger club members are also invited to enter with their results being recorded but not counting toward any trophies.
The programme for the 4 x events cover 3 separate days as follows (this info is also in Bike Manawatu’s website event calendar):
- Track Events – Sunday 22nd March 2015, 9.00 AM, venue Feilding Velodrome. Individual Sprint 200 metres and Individual Pursuit 2000 metres (5 x laps). Registration on the day from 8.30AM.
- Individual Time Trial – Sunday 29th March 2015, venue Horizon’s Depot at the corner of Kairanga-Bunnythorpe and Rongotea Rds (Bike Manawatu & WCNI Championships are also being held same venue and time). Registration on the day 8:00-8:30 AM. First rider starts at 9 AM.
- Hill Climb 6 km – Sunday 26th April 2015, 9.00 AM, venue start in Salisbury Street, Ashhurst and finish at top of the Saddle Road. Registration on the day from 8.30AM.
These events should appeal to non-racing Bike Manawatu Masters ages cyclists, but are not exclusive, all club members can enter the events. For the Masters age groups the actual results will determine each Grade Champion (5 year age group) and by applying historical time handicaps to cyclists actual times adjusted times are arrived at then converted to points determining a female & male Bike Manawatu Masters Champion. To be an Age Grade or Overall Champion you must be a Bike Manawatu member and enter at least 3 of the above events.
INFO FOR TRACK, SUNDAY 22 MARCH 2015
- Entries can be made via club website, or by phoning Ian Gray, ph 357 7953 or Mike Keenan, ph 358 6318 or enter on the day from 8.30 AM. Racing due to start 9.00 AM.
- Entry fee applies.
- The 200M Sprint, individual against the clock from a flying start.
- The 2000M Pursuit, 5 laps, individual against the clock from a standing start.
- Provisional times should be available after the events.
WATCH THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO ON ITT & HILL CLIMB
These Championships originated from the Manawatu Masters Cycling Club with some of their records still standing, a number were beaten in 2013 & 2014. A great record was set by the late Roger Nevatt in 2002 for the Hill Climb (from Salisbury St, Ashhurst to the top of the Saddle Road) at 14 mins 24 secs, Roger was in the 44 – 49 age group. A challenge is put to any age cyclist this year with a special prize being offered by Ian Gray for beating Roger’s time.
If you are of masters age keep checking Bike Manawatu’s website for information on these events, or contact Ian Gray ph 357 7953 or Mike Keenan ph 358 6318.