Bike Manawatu Woolworths Cup – Feilding
Tuesday 8th March 2022
Start & Meet Bike Manawatu Timing van on Makino Road near the top of Lethbridge Street
Registration 4:50 pm (E Grade, possibly D Grade)
Race briefing 5.15pm / 5.30pm E Grade possibly D Grade too am – all riders must attend
Start Time / First Grade off at 5.30pm or 5.45pm depending on the field
Cyclists to assemble on verge with parking towards town against railway line.
Woolworths Cup – Handicapped Road Race
This event is run as a graded handicapped race
Grades and handicaps will be determined on the date and subject to numbers
Come out and test yourself – We would love to see you.
All riders MUST Pre Register Here before 12noon the day of the race.
$5 members / $10 non-members – All welcome only members are eligible for trophies
We encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
If you or someone you know is available to help volunteer please fill in this form
Bike Manawatu COVID 19 Protocols
Bike Manawatu events / gatherings are My Vaccine Pass Compliant
Two Shots To Ride
*Children under the age of 12 yrs 3 mths are exempt.
SCAN – PASS – MASK
Please continue scanning our QR Codes on arrival
Please stay home if you are sick
Facemasks are encouraged when not riding / or if spectating
COURSE SPECIFIC NOTES FOR THE WOOLWORTHS CUP
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
- Please pre register & make payment online as per the instructions above
- Please ensure you are aware of the course route – Course notes can be found below
- Please note if there we are in a situation with Covid-19 at the time, please remember to use the 2 meter rule and follow all govt guidelines which include using hand sanitiser provided and to practise social distancing
- There is hand sanitiser provided in our Bike Manawatu timing van
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- All parking is to be well off the road – Cyclists to assemble on verge with parking towards town against railway line.
- please respect the Feilding residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- Please proceed to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. Please look after this number and remember to bring it to all Bike Manawatu events.
- Non members / guests will be given a number however if you are not planning to continue to attend Bike Manawatu club events please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Please look after your race numbers and bring it to ALL club events, we do not have spares for you if you forget it on the day.
- If you have not received your number yet we will have it ready for you at registration.
- Race Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top, readable in the prone riding position.
- Registration will be at in the near our Timing Van on Makino Road near the top of Lethbidge Street, Feilding. There will be a volunteer helping
- We will have hand sanitiser available at registration
- $5 members / $10 non-members – We highly encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note our organisers may choose to manual time this race therefore transponders may not be required)
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read/check all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
- It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- As this is a handicapped race we will aim to get our E Grade (possibly D Grade also?) Off early between 5.30 & 5.45pm to ensure we dont run out of light. If you are in either of these grades please allow plenty of time to at registration to get yourself ready.
- Each rider will be issued with a Transponder:
- Your transponder holder should be 4 fingers under the rim (remember to take the sticky tape off the holder and don’t put the cable ties through the spokes)
- Left hand side of the fork – shiny side facing out
- Once your finished use some snips and take the length off the cable ties – we will have some at the start line for you.
- Step 1 – Remove the Backing Tape on the black holder.
Position black holder on Front LEFT fork, 4 fingers below the top of spokes
Pull cable ties TIGHT. Ensure Holder remains flush to fork
- Step 2 – Trim the cable ties with some snips
- Step 3 – Slide Transponder into holder until it clicks
Give transponder a gentle tug to ensure it is secure
To remove transponder press release button and slide it out
Black Holder secure
On front left fork
- 4 fingers below top of spokes
- Please make sure your transponder is handed back at the completion of your ride.
SPECTATORS / VOLUNTEERS
- We have Bike Manawatu QR codes available for you to scan in using the NZ Covid Tracer – all riders who have pre registered will have contact tracing details on your online registration, however riders please feel free to use our QR codes too
WOOLWORTHS CUP COURSE INFO:
- Start & Meet Bike Manawatu Timing van on Makino Road near the top of Lethbridge Street
- The event starts on Makino Road near the top of Lethbridge Street, feilding
- E & D Grades Sign on from 4.50pm at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van as above)
- E & D Grades Race briefing 5:15pm – 5:30pm – all riders must attend
- First Grade/s off between 5.30pm – 5.45pm
- Please remember to respect the locals living these roads.
- Please be considerate. No spitting or “snot rockets” in the bunch please
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- This is a narrow road, please be aware of motorists at all times
- Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply (riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times)
- Marshals are provided for direction and in some places to stop cyclists due to traffic
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- Please be courteous to other road users
Course Specific Notes
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of cars / local public / residents sharing the road
- Be courteous to other road users
- Beware of trucks, tankers and agricultural machinery
- The always RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
- Bathrooms will be available at the Feilding Square
- Parking will be available towards town against railway line.
- Visiting riders please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Thank you to everyone who entered and registered the contact tracing form for marshals and spectators.
- Please be courteous to all officials. It’s going to be busy. If someone asks you to move off the road, please do so.
- If you or one of your supporters are available to volunteer please let us know – We are always thankful to all of our volunteers who enable us to run these events
Registrations / Timing / Marshals / STMS / First Aid / Lead & SAG Drivers You can help us out by identifying any volunteer roles on this form
Thank You https://forms.gle/nwF9RAUhpx7LATjU8
This is approx 32.2 km handicapped race
The event starts on Makino Road near the top of Lethbridge Street
0.00km Starting at the Bike Manawatu Timing van on Makino Road near the top of Lethbridge Street
Follow Makino Road for 9.13km
9.13km Cyclists to give way / stop to traffic, obey marshals – Turn RIGHT (when it is safe to do so) onto McKays Line
12.17km Turn LEFT onto Cheltenham Cross Road
16.84km Turn LEFT onto Short Road
20.21km Slight Left / Straight onto Makino Road
24.52km Continue straight on Makino Road
32.2km Finish on Makino Road at the corner of Reids Line West, at the Bike Manawatu Timing van. – for timing purposes only
Cyclists to tour back to start in Feilding
**Cyclists MUST obey NZ road rules, all roads are open to the public normal road rules apply. Cyclists must give way / stop at right turns – No crossing center lines, riding 2 abreast only – Riders who bring a volunteer / road marshal ride free.
It is extremely important all riders obey these rules**
*All trophies to be handed out at end of year club prize giving
TROPHY for the Woolworths Cup
WOOLWORTHS CUP – Trophy- Palmerston North Amateur Road Cycling Assn
In 2018 to be run as a graded handicap but traditionally run as a sealed handicap
Traditionally this was the first race of the racing season with a sealed handicap so handicaps could be worked out for subsequent races
This was raced from Tremaine Ave to Rongotea
Assistance Race Manager / Registration:
Traffic Set Up
Marshal – Start / Finish (timing van)
Marshal – Makino Road / McKays Line – on corner to ensure cyclists give way / stop to traffic
Marshal – McKays Line / Cheltenham Cross Road – on Corner to ensure cyclists give way stop
Marshal – Cheltenham Cross Road / Short Road – on corner to ensure cyclists give way / stop to traffic
Service / Sag Vehicle
Please head on over to the Volunteers Document to learn more about these positions.
If you find yourself in a position to help out please email email@example.com
Every effort is very much appreciated.