Bike Manawatu Hill Climb Championships 2021-22
Sunday 13th March 2022
Registration 8.15am – (Forest Hill Road, Aokautere)
Race briefing 8.45am – all riders must attend
Start Time / First Rider off at 9am
Forest Hill Road Hill Climb
All riders MUST Pre Register Here before 5pm the day before the race.
$5 members / $10 non-members – All welcome only members are eligible for trophies
We encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
If you or someone you know is available to help volunteer please fill in this form
The event starts just before the bridge and ends at the top of the hill. The riders will ride back at a safe speed in SINGLE file. (Near 12 Forest Hill Road)
All parking is to be well off the road – weather dependent parking may be available in a paddock at the bottom of the road (Owners known to race organisers)
BRING YOUR CLIMBING LEGS!
Participants ride in your age grade based on your age as at 31 December 2022
Bike Manawatu COVID 19 Protocols
Bike Manawatu events / gatherings are My Vaccine Pass Compliant
Two Shots To Ride
*Children under the age of 12 yrs 3 mths are exempt.
SCAN – PASS – MASK
Please continue scanning our QR Codes on arrival
Please stay home if you are sick
Facemasks are encouraged when not riding / or if spectating
COURSE SPECIFIC NOTES FOREST HILL ROAD HILL CLIMB CHAMPS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
- Please pre register & make payment online as per the instructions above
- Please ensure you are aware of the course route – Course notes can be found below
- Please note if there we are in a situation with Covid-19 at the time, please remember to use the 2 meter rule and follow all govt guidelines which include using hand sanitiser provided and to practise social distancing
- There is hand sanitiser provided in our Bike Manawatu timing van
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- All parking is to be well off the road – weather dependent parking may be available in a paddock at the bottom of the road (Owners known to race organisers)
- please respect the Forest Hill Road residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- Please proceed to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. Please look after this number and remember to bring it to all Bike Manawatu events.
- Non members / guests will be given a number however if you are not planning to continue to attend Bike Manawatu club events please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Please look after your race numbers and bring it to ALL club events, we do not have spares for you if you forget it on the day.
- If you have not received your number yet we will have it ready for you at registration.
- Race Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top, readable in the prone riding position.
- Registration will be at in the near our Timing Van near the beginning of Forest Hill Road. There will be a volunteer helping
- We will have hand sanitiser available at registration
- $5 members / $10 non-members – We highly encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note our organisers may choose to manual time this race therefore transponders may not be required)
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read/check all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
- It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Each rider will be issued with a Transponder:
- Your transponder holder should be 4 fingers under the rim (remember to take the sticky tape off the holder and don’t put the cable ties through the spokes)
- Left hand side of the fork – shiny side facing out
- Once your finished use some snips and take the length off the cable ties – we will have some at the start line for you.
- Step 1 – Remove the Backing Tape on the black holder.
Position black holder on Front LEFT fork, 4 fingers below the top of spokes
Pull cable ties TIGHT. Ensure Holder remains flush to fork
- Step 2 – Trim the cable ties with some snips
- Step 3 – Slide Transponder into holder until it clicks
Give transponder a gentle tug to ensure it is secure
To remove transponder press release button and slide it out
Black Holder secure
On front left fork
- 4 fingers below top of spokes
- Please make sure your transponder is handed back at the completion of your ride.
SPECTATORS / VOLUNTEERS
- We have Bike Manawatu QR codes available for you to scan in using the NZ Covid Tracer – all riders who have pre registered will have contact tracing details on your online registration, however riders please feel free to use our QR codes too
FOREST HILL ROAD COURSE INFO:
- Start & Meet outside at our Bike Manawatu Timing van – Forest Hill Road
- The event starts just before the bridge and ends at the top of the hill. (Near 12 Forest Hill Road)
- Sign on 8.15am at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van as above)
- Race briefing 8:45am – all riders must attend
- First rider off at 9.00am
- Please remember to respect the locals living these roads.
- Please be considerate. No spitting or “snot rockets” in the bunch please
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- This is a narrow road, please be aware of motorists at all times
- The riders will ride back down the hill at a SAFE speed in SINGLE file!
- Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply (riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times)
- Marshals are provided for direction and in some places to stop cyclists due to traffic
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- Please be courteous to other road users
Course Specific Notes
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of cars / local public / residents sharing the road
- Be courteous to other road users
- The always RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
- Bathrooms are NOT available on this course – please be respectful of the locals
- Visiting riders please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Thank you to everyone who entered and registered the contact tracing form for marshals and spectators.
- Please be courteous to all officials. It’s going to be busy. If someone asks you to move off the road, please do so.
- If you or one of your supporters are available to volunteer please let us know – We are always thankful to all of our volunteers who enable us to run these events
Registrations / Timing / Marshals / STMS / First Aid / Lead & SAG Drivers You can help us out by identifying any volunteer roles on this form
Thank You https://forms.gle/fvfWviHhKfh8yWev5
*All trophies to be handed out at end of year club prize giving
U15 Boy Winner Winner at Club Hill Climb Champs –
U15 Girl Winner Winner at Club Hill Climb Champs –
U17 Girl Winner – Winner at Club Hill Climb Champs – M.C.C.C Triers Cup –
U19 Male Winner – Winner at Club Hill Climb Champs –
U19 Female Winner – Winner at Club Hill Climb Champs –
Womens Winner – Winner at Club Hill Climb Champs – Trophy Specialists & Engravers Trophy –