Registration 5.15pm – Please meet at Linton Country School (77 Akers Road, Manawatu, Wanganui 4474)
Race briefing 5.45pm – all riders must attend
Start Time / First Grade off at 6pm
***End of year BBQ at the end of the event***
***Please Pre Register, Its much easier to delete or DNS you from our start list if something comes up and you cant make it than to add you in while everyone is trying to register****
Entry Fee: $5 for members, $10 non members
All payments must be made online, please no payments on the day Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
The Akers Road Course is a 7.35km circuit
A Grade 6 laps – 44.10 km
B Grade 5 laps – 36.75 km
C Grade 4 laps – 29.40 km
D Grade 3 laps- 22.05 km
E Grade 3 laps- 22.05 km
(All Course notes are below)
*Distances are subject to be changed at the race directors discretion
- All parking is to be well off the road, Parking will be available outside Linton Country School– please respect the Linton residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- A toilet will be available within the School Grounds
- Please take care at the cross roads while crossing to registration
- Registration will be located outside Linton Country School (77 Akers Road, Manawatu, Wanganui 4474)
- Hand Sanitiser will be available in the BM timing van
- Payment should be made online prior to the event $5 members, $10 non members.
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder* and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note Time Trials will more than likely be manual timed, therefore transponders will not be required)
- *It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- If you have been issued a Bike Manawatu race number please remember to bring this to all events.
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing if covid levels require us to do so
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters if covid levels require us to do so
- The course is 7.35km flat loop course
- The race is neutral from the start line till you are safely over the railway tracks. Race will start from the Akers Road / Linton Station Road Junction.
- The finish line is approx 10m before Akers Road (Near the Bike Manawatu Timing Van)
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- We RECOMMEND the use of a rear light
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- It is your responsibility to be at the start line on time.
Course Notes Below
Linton Country School – 77 Akers Road
Starting outside Linton Country School – This is neutral until for 0.63km until you get over the railway lines
The race starts at 0.00 at the corner of Akers Road & Linton Station Road – Ride Straight on Akers Road
0.93km Turn left onto Te Puna Road
3.1km Turn left onto Lochmoigh Road
4.16km Turn Left onto Linton Drain Road
5.71km Turn Right onto Craws Road
6.44km Turn Left onto Linton Station Road
7.35km Completes the circuit
Number of Laps depend on grades *See Grades /Laps above– Finish Line will be on Linton Station Road near Akers Road at the timing van
Race direction is anti clockwise
Thank you to all of our Bike Manawatu Sponsors, Grant Funders and Volunteers – We appreciate you all
Together Everyone Achieves More