Here’s the details on cycling at level 3 from SportNZ
Cycling is classed as “Active Recreation”
- No gathering for active recreation with people outside your bubble.
- You can travel for active recreation within your region.
- Maintain physical distancing (2 metres) with people outside your bubble.
- Activities must remain low risk and within your current abilities and don’t pick up new activities.
- Lower-risk activities only: care must be taken not to be injured and require medical care.
- No contact activity or sharing equipment with people outside your bubble.
Longer rides/runs (within your region) are ok. Although they should still be low risk and you should be self-sufficient (be able to get home without outside assistance if something goes wrong).
Mountain biking on known easy trails for experienced mountain bikers is permitted (not grade 3 or above).