A1 LOOPS – TAONUI AIRPORT – COURSE INFO:
Starting and meeting near the corner of Aorangi & Durie Road Junction.
0.00 on Aorangi Road
0.06km Turn Left onto Durie Road
1.67km Turn Left onto Campbell Road
2.78km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
6.23km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
8.37km Turn Left onto Aorangi Road
10.55km Completes the circuit
Number of Laps depend on grades –
Race direction is anti clockwise
A Grade 5 Laps = 52.75 km
B Grade 4 Laps = 42.2 km
C Grade 3 Laps = 31.65 km
D Grade 2 Laps = 21.1 km
E Grade 2 Laps = 21.1km
$5 members / $10 non-members
5.15pm Sign on AT The Bike Manawatu Timing Van near the Aorangi Road / Durie Road Junction
5.45pm Race briefing – all riders must attend
First grade start 6.00pm
Rear light is compulsory
Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there. There is no stop go provided at any junction – the roads are open and riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times. Please be courteous to other road users
- Start & Meet near the Aorangi Road / Durie Road Junction
- Sign on 5.15pm at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van)
- Race briefing 5.45pm – all riders must attend
- First grade start 6.00pm
- Please remember to respect the locals living these roads.
- Please be considerate. No spitting or “snot rockets” in the bunch please
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- The roads are narrow, please be mindful of motorists.
- Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply (riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times)
- Marshals are provided for direction and in some places to stop cyclists due to traffic
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- Please be courteous to other road users
Course Specific Notes
- Do not cross the center line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of local farmers and their equipment
- Be courteous to other road users
- We RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
- No Bathrooms available on this course, please ensure you are prepared
- Please be respectful to the local residence when parking as this will be limited, we do recommend parking in Feilding and riding to the course as your warm up
- Visiting riders please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Thank you to everyone who entered and registered the contact tracing form for marshals and spectators.
- Please be courteous to all officials. It’s going to be busy. If someone asks you to move off the road, please do so.
- If you or one of your supporters are available to volunteer please let us know – We are always thankful to all of our volunteers who enable us to run these events
Registrations / Timing / Marshals / STMS / First Aid / Lead & SAG Drivers You can help us out by identifying any volunteer roles on this form
- **If you have been assigned a volunteer role for this event and you can no longer make it – it is your responsibility to find a replacement