Rongotea Team Time Trial – Sunday 12th September 2021
This will be a TTT event with Manawatu School Cycling (MSC) and Bike Manawatu (BM). MSC will kindly host our BM riders as part of their event
Please note this event will be manual timed by MSC
Bike Manawatu sincerely thanks MSC for hosting our riders
Registration 8.15am – 8:30am - Please meet at the Rongotea Square / near the Rongotea Garage - 5 Douglas Square, Rongotea 4476
Race briefing 8.45am - all riders must attend
Start Time / First team off 9am – MSC will create a start list after registrations have closed and will aim to let us know prior to the start time.
***Strictly NO Late Registrations on the day****
Entry Fee: $5 for members, $10 non members p/rider
All payments must be made online, please no payments on the day, we don’t want to add any undue stress to the schools team on a Sunday morning
Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
Teams = Minimum of 2 riders, Max of 5 riders p/team
MSC Teams please enter via your schools as per normal, this link should only be used for our Bike Manawatu teams wishing to join in. Thank you
- All parking is to be well off the road, Some parking will be available behind the Rongotea Garage – 5 Douglas Square – please respect the Rongotea residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- A public toilet will be available 67 Thames Street, Rongotea 4476
- Registration will be located either at the Rongotea Square / near the Rongotea Garage - 5 Douglas Square, Rongotea 4476
- Hand Sanitiser will be available in the BM timing van
- Payment should be made online prior to the event $5 members, $10 non members. Please no late registrations or payments on the day, we don’t want to add any undue stress to the schools team on a Sunday morning
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing if covid levels require us to do so
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters if covid levels require us to do so
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder* and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing. (Please note Time Trials will more than likely be manual timed, therefore transponders will not be required)
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- *It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- If you have been issued a Bike Manawatu race number please remember to bring this to all events.
- The course is approx 8-8.5km out and back
- The turn will be marked by a cone in the road.
- The finish line is approx 100m before the start line on banks road near the 50km sign
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- We RECOMMEND the use of a rear light
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
0.00km Start on Mersey Street near number 2
0.02km Mersey Street turns into Banks Road
2.24km Left onto Kaimatarau Raod
2.42km Right onto Sanson Road
4.57km Left onto Main Drain Road
8.74kmTurn around cone on Main Drain Road (Near Puawai Road)
12.91km Turn Right onto Sanson Road
15.05km Turn Left onto Kaimatarau Road
15.25km Turn Right onto Banks Road
17.04 Finish at Banks Road (Just before the 50km sign)
Thank you to all of our Bike Manawatu Sponsors, Grant Funders and Volunteers – We appreciate you all
Together Everyone Achieves More