Colyton Hiwinui Circuit – 20th September 2020
11am Start Time
All riders MUST Pre Register Here before 12 noon Saturday 19/09/2020 no late entries will be allowed.
Please note: we will not run this event if we do not get sufficient registrations
We ask all volunteers & spectators to please fill in this form to allow for contact tracing plus this helps us with race day volunteers. – Click Here
Please Pre Register HERE
Start & Meet - Riders will assemble outside Colyton School – 421 Colyton Road
Registration 10.15am at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van outside Colyton School)
Race briefing 10:45am - all riders must attend
First grade off at 11am
A Grade – 2 Laps – 36.74 km
B Grade – 2 Laps – 36.74 km
C Grade – 2 Laps – 36.74 km
D Grade – 1 Lap 18.37 km
E Grade – 1 Lap - 18.37 km
(All Course notes are below) –
*Distances are subject to be changed to
A Grade – 3 Laps – 55.2 km
B Grade – 3 Laps – 55.2 km
C Grade – 2 Lap 36.74 km
D Grade – 1 Lap 18.37 km
E Grade – 1 Lap - 18.37 km
The Colyton / Hiwinui circuit (anti-clockwise) is a 18.37 km loop.
An excellent event for all ages and stages.
Come out and test yourself - We would love to see you.
$5 members / $10 non-members – We encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
This will be a joint event between Manawatu School Cycling (MSC) and Bike Manawatu (BM). MSC will race 9-11am and BM 11am to 12.30pm. Riders will assemble at the Colyton Hall, A & B Grade will ride 55.2 km C Grade 36.74 km, D & E Grade 18.37 km.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
- The overarching policy is that all Government and MOH regulations apply. Under the new Level 2 guidelines we are able to run this event on the basis that we stay below the requirement of under 100 pers and the systems set out below are followed. If they are not, we will be forced to reconsider running future events. Everybody needs to take responsibility and consider their actions.
As information is still coming to light please bear with us while we await further detail - we will be sure to pop up new information as soon as we are aware.
- Registration will be just before the start line at a table. There will be a marshal / volunteer to assist and direct standing within the 2-meter rule
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before registering
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing.
- Please be aware Manawatu Schools Cycling will be running their event on the same course starting at 9am so parking may be quite sparse
- All parking is to be well off the road – please respect the Colyton residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- Please proceed to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. We are redistributing new fabric numbers to all members.
- Non members will be given a number however if you are not planning to continue to attend Bike Manawatu club events please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Please look after your race numbers and bring it to ALL club events, we do not have spares for you if you forget it on the day.
- If you have not received your number yet we will have it ready for you at registration.
- Race Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top, readable in the prone riding position.
- Registration will be at Colyton School near our Timing Van. There will be a volunteer helping
- We will have hand sanitiser available at registration
- $5 members / $10 non-members – We encourage you to pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder and go to the start area awaiting the race managers briefing.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
- It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Each rider will be issued with a Transponder:
- Your transponder holder should be 4 fingers under the rim (remember to take the sticky tape off the holder and don't put the cable ties through the spokes)
- Left hand side of the fork - shiny side facing out
- Once your finished use some snips and take the length off the cable ties – we will have some at the start line for you.
- Step 1 – Remove the Backing Tape on the black holder.
Position black holder on Front LEFT fork, 4 fingers below the top of spokes
Pull cable ties TIGHT. Ensure Holder remains flush to fork
- Step 2 – Trim the cable ties with some snips
- Step 3 – Slide Transponder into holder until it clicks
Give transponder a gentle tug to ensure it is secure
To remove transponder press release button and slide it out
Black Holder secure
On front left fork
- 4 fingers below top of spokes
- Please make sure your transponder is handed back at the completion of your ride.
SPECTATORS / VOLUNTEERS
- We ask spectators/supporters to complete a voluntary contract tracing form to help with tracing during Level 1. If you have not completed this online, please complete the paper copy at registration. This form also helps our race organisers with volunteers etc It can be completed on line here
- Start & Meet outside Colyton School on 421 Colyton Road, Colyton
- Sign on 10.00am at HQ – (Bike Manawatu Timing Van outside Colyton School carpark)
- Race briefing 10.45am - all riders must attend
- First grade start 11.00am
- Please remember to respect the locals living these roads.
- Please be considerate. No spitting or “snot rockets” in the bunch please
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- One way bridge on Reids Line East at 4.45km
- One way bridge on Colyton Road 16.83km
- Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply (riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times)
- Marshals are provided for direction and in some places to stop cyclists due to traffic
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- Please be courteous to other road users
Course Specific Notes
- Do not cross the center line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of trucks, tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- The days are shortening so we RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
- Bathrooms will be available TBC
- Visiting riders please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Thank you to everyone who entered and registered the contact tracing form for marshals and spectators.
- Please be courteous to all officials. It’s going to be busy. If someone asks you to move off the road, please do so.
- If you or one of your supporters are available to volunteer please let us know – We are always thankful to all of our volunteers who enable us to run these events
Registrations / Timing / Marshals / STMS / First Aid / Lead & SAG Drivers You can help us out by identifying any volunteer roles on this form
Starting and Finishing outside Colyton School - 421 Colyton Road
0.13 km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
1.89km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
4.45km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
9.54km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
11.36km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
16.83km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
18.37km Finish – For Laps Continue on
18.46km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
20.27km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
22.83km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
27.9 km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
29.8km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
35.2km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
36.8 km Finish – For Laps Continue on
36.9km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
38.7km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
41.2km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
46.3 km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
48.2 km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
53.6 km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
55.2 km Finish – For Laps Continue on
55.3km Turn Left onto Taonui Road
57.1km Turn Left onto Reids Line East
59.6 km on Reids Line East – Beware of 1 way Bridge
64.7 km Turn Left onto Watershed Road (Hiwinui School)
66.5 km Turn Left onto Colyton Road
72 km On Colyton Road – Beware of 1 Way Bridge
73.5 km Finish