A1 Loops – Taonui Airport Course – Sunday 7th June – 9am Start
Start & Meet at Jct Aorangi & Durie Road
Registration 8.15am at HQ – Bike Manawatu Timing Van - Durie & Aorangi Junction
Race briefing 8:45am - all riders must attend
First grade off at 9am
Grades start from the Aorangi & Durie junction.
$5 members / $10 non-members – No cash please pay online Bike Manawatu ANZ 01-0745-0284925-00 please use your name, race number & race name as reference
Free Entry for all MSC - School riders
Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
- The overarching policy is that all Government and MOH regulations apply. Under the new Level 2 guidelines we are able to run this event on the basis that we stay below the requirement of under 100 pers and the systems set out below are followed. If they are not, we will be forced to reconsider running future events. Everybody needs to take responsibility and consider their actions.
- All parking is to be well off the road – please respect the local residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- Please proceed to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. We are redistributing new fabric numbers to all members.
- Non members will be given a number however if you are not planning to continue to attend club events please return your bib number at the completion of the race or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- Please look after your race numbers and bring it to ALL club events, we do not have spares for you if you forget it on the day.
- If you have not received your number yet we will have it ready for you at registration.
- Registration will be just before the start line at a table. There will be a marshal / volunteer to assist and direct standing within the 2-meter rule
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before registering
- There is no entry fee for junior/schools riders.
- If you have not paid online, please deposit your entry fee into the honesty box - correct change only and note the amount paid on the start sheet. $5 members, $10 non members.
- If you have a loyalty card these will be at registration for you to click. Likewise, please note that you have used your loyalty card on the start sheet
- Please avoid ques at the registration desk.
- Please remember to continue to practise social distancing.
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number, grab your transponder and go to the start area - awaiting the race managers briefing.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
- It is your responsibility to ensure your transponder is on correctly if it is not it may not read on our system, therefore you may not receive a finish time.
- Each rider will be issued with a Transponder:
- Your transponder holder should be 4 fingers under the rim (remember to take the sticky tape off the holder and don't put the cable ties through the spokes)
- Left hand side of the fork - shiny side facing out
- Once your finished use some snips and take the length off the cable ties – we will have some at the start line for you.
- Step 1 – Remove the Backing Tape on the black holder.
Position black holder on Front LEFT fork, 4 fingers below the top of spokes
Pull cable ties TIGHT. Ensure Holder remains flush to fork
- Step 2 – Trim the cable ties with some snips
- Step 3 – Slide Transponder into holder until it clicks
Give transponder a gentle tug to ensure it is secure
To remove transponder press release button and slide it out
Black Holder secure
On front left fork
4 fingers below top of spokes
- Please make sure your transponder is handed back at the completion of your ride.
START/ FINISH & SPECTATORS
- All spectators/supporters MUST complete a contract tracing form. If you have not completed this online, please complete the paper copy at registration. It can be completed on line here https://forms.gle/bB4hYAvsyfdyH5z68
- The course is a 10.58km circuit
A Grade 5 Laps = 52.9 km
B Grade 4 Laps = 42.32 km
C Grade 3 Laps = 31.74 km
D Grade 2 Laps = 21.16 km
E Grade 2 Laps = 21.16km
- Start & Meet at Jct Aorangi & Durie Road
Sign on 8.15am at HQ – Bike Manawatu Timing Van
- Race briefing 8.45am - all riders must attend
- First grade start 9.00am
- Grades start from the Aorangi & Durie junction.
- Please remember to respect the locals living these road.
- Please be considerate. No spitting or “snot rockets” in the bunch please
- Please do not attend our event if you are unwell
- Traffic management will be in place, but this is to warn other road uses that we are there.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply (riders must obey NZ road rules at ALL times)
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must give way at all junctions as required.
- Please be courteous to other road users
Course Specific Notes
- Do not cross the center line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Beware of trucks, tankers and agricultural machinery
- Be courteous to other road users
- The days are shortening so we RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
- There is no public toilet close, The closest will be located in either Feilding or Bunnythorpe townships
- Non members please return your bib number at the completion of the race if you are not planning to continue to attend Bike Manawatu club events or you may be invoiced for a replacement.
- If you or one of your supporters are available to volunteer please let us know – We are always thankful to all of our volunteers who enable us to run these events
Registrations / Timing / Marshals / STMS / First Aid / Lead & SAG Drivers
Thank you to everyone who entered and registered the contact tracing form for marshals and spectators.
The level of interest is unprecedented in recent times and it gives us a great platform for racing moving forward.
We all need to remember that we are still under Level 2 Covid restrictions, and the list of “Please do’s and don’ts” is probably getting a little stale.
However we constantly need to think about how we are seen by the public with Road ethics and courtesy.
With close on 95 riders tomorrow we need to be aware of “how this looks”….So please, lets not make this a PR nightmare.
Important…There is no parking on course…None! Historically we all try and park right on the corner, this cannot happen.
All parking is either
(a)past the finish line down Aorangi Road.
(b) at Colyton school where toilets are available and Ginger Bird Café is open for post race refreshments
Please be courteous to all officials. It’s going to be busy. If someone asks you to move off the road, please do so.
If you are a supporter, please drop off the rider and clear the area…and don’t be offended if you are asked to.
First grade is off at 9.00 and others at 1 minute gaps so please get organised.
It’s a great problem to have, and we embrace it…but please….common sense