Forest Road – Hill Climb ITT – 24 May 2020
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
The overarching policy is that all Government and MOH regulations apply. Remember that gatherings of 10 are not permitted. We are able to run this "individual" event on the basis that social distancing is achievable if the systems set out below are followed. If they are not, we will be forced to reconsider running future events. Everybody needs to take responsibility and consider their actions.
- Please stagger your arrival time. If you have a late start do not arrive at 8.30am
- All parking is to be well off the road – please respect our generous Forest Road residence and their nature strips I.e please don’t park on the soggy verge
- Do not congregate on arrival. Get yourself ready and move away from the parking areas as quickly as possible to either do your warm up or go to registration
START LIST & NUMBERS
- If you are reading this, you will have seen the start list which provides your start time and your rider number. As we have been trailing for some time the number allocated for this event will be your permanent number for all future BM events. We are redistributing new fabric numbers to all members.
- Non members will be allocated a reinforced paper number. Again please keep this and bring it along to other BM events that you attend
- Please look after your race numbers and bring it to ALL club events.
- Registration will be just before the start line at a table. There will be a marshal / volunteer to assist and direct standing within the 2-meter rule
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided before registering
- There is no entry fee for junior/schools riders.
- If you have not paid online, please deposit your entry fee into the honesty box - correct change only and note the amount paid on the start sheet. $5 members, $10 non members.
- If you have a loyalty card these will be at registration for you to click. Likewise, please note that you have used your loyalty card on the start sheet
- Please avoid ques at the registration desk.
- Let early riders register ahead of later starters while practising social distancing.
- Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to register, pin your number and either go straight to the start area.
- Either way time your arrival in the start area to suit your start time (1- 2 mins prior) and avoid any gatherings in this area.
- If you arrive too early you will be asked to leave the start area.
- Numbers are to be placed on the left hand side, rear quarter of your race top.
- Please read all notices at the registration desk, a repeat of the rider briefing and safety notes set out below
START/ FINISH & SPECTATORS
- There will be a start clock at the start line.
- There will be a holder wearing PPE gear.
- Riders will start at 1 min intervals.
- After you have finished please do not gather at the finish area
- If you are riding home please depart the area ASAP.
- If you are driving please pack up and depart ASAP.
- If numbers at the car park do become congested with people packing up, remember to social distance and if needs be go for a warm down and return once numbers have reduced.
- Spectators please only attend the event if required to support a rider ie to drive your child. We encourage riders to be as self-reliant as possible and to ride to and from the event, but please keep group numbers small. We suggest 5-6 max.
- All spectators/supporters MUST complete a contract tracing form. If you have not completed this online, please complete the paper copy at registration. It can be completed on line here https://forms.gle/T1aWiQk7Q9fNAG4r9
- The course is 3.23 km hill climb
- The event starts just before the bridge and ends at the top of the hill.
- The riders will ride back at a safe speed in SINGLE file.
- This is an individual time trial. Please do not draft. Overtaking riders please ensure slower rider know you are coming. Please give each other plenty of room while staying left at all times
- Please remember to respect the locals living on this road.
- Roads are open and all normal road rules apply
- Marshals are provided for direction only
- Riders must ride back down at a safe speed in SINGLE file.
Course Specific Notes:
- Do not cross the centre line unless safe to do so.
- We are on narrow quite roads when often there is no white line. Stay left
- Riders should not exceed 2 abreast
- Be courteous to other road users
- The days are shortening so we RECOMMEND the use of a rear light.
A couple additional notes:
- Please no warming up on the course
- Please make sure that you descend at a sensible speed (SLOW)
- Also please note there is no toilet facility available on this course.
Please click here to view the start list online (this will be displayed once entries close on Saturday Morning)